Logan-Rogersville R-VIII School District
BUS RULES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The local administration has a measure of responsibility to teach students how to be good bus passengers and to observe certain rules for good discipline and SAFETY. Although this list is not all encompassing, the following regulations will serve as a guide:
- Students must obey the driver promptly and respectfully. The driver is in charge of the students and the bus.
- Students must be on time, waiting at the designated bus stop. The bus cannot wait beyond its regular schedule for those who are tardy.
- Students shall only get off the bus at the regular boarding location, unless they have a Bus Pass (see below).
- Students must remain seated while on the bus.
- A student may be assigned a seat by the bus driver.
- Any damage to the bus should be reported at once to the driver.
- Parents are not allowed to board the school bus. Trespass of a school bus is a class A misdemeanor - Missouri Revised Statute 569.155.
- Students must maintain a safe distance from the roadway while waiting for the bus.
- Students must observe the instructions of the driver and supervisory personnel when boarding or exiting the bus. When crossing in front of the bus, students must walk in front of the extended crossing arm to be seen by the driver and cross only when the driver signals it is safe.
- While the bus in is motion, students must not try to board or exit the bus.
- Students are to keep arms and head inside the bus. Nothing should exit or hang out the window at any time.
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited.
- Electronic devices may only be used / played on the bus with headphones / earbuds.
- When loading and unloading, all backpacks, carry-on bags, etc., must be carried in front or behind– NOT on ONE SHOULDER. Backpacks and/or bags must be kept out of the bus aisle at all times.
DISCIPLINE / BEHAVIOR:
- Classroom conduct is to be observed while riding in the bus; “ordinary conversation” is allowed. Each School’s Code of Conduct will be observed on the bus as an extension of the classroom.
- NO guns or weapons, tobacco products, fighting, scuffling, pushing, tripping, profanity or loud language is permitted on the bus.
- NO objects should become a projectile by any manner on the bus.
- NO snow or ice, animals, food/drinks (water bottle IS acceptable), or solicitation (fund-raising, etc.) is permitted on the bus.
- Students cannot save seats for others.
- Students must keep their hands and feet to themselves.
- 1st Offense: The driver will issue a warning to the student concerning their misbehavior. If the offense is severe or creates an unsafe situation, the student is subject to suspension by the Principal on the first offense. As an extension of the classroom, bus violations can also result in a suspension from school.
- 2nd Offense:The driver will write a referral to the Principal, who will discuss the situation with the student and notify the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the length of suspension. As an extension of the classroom, bus violations can also result in a suspension from school.
- 3rd Offense:The student may be suspended from the bus by the Principal from 1-180 days. As an extension of the classroom, bus violations can also result in a suspension from school.
The Transportation System is a service.
Help us teach our students to obey the rules for their safety and protection.