The 2018 School Board Election will take place on April 3rd, 2018
There will be two (2) positions available for terms of three (3) years each
Candidate Filing Opens: December 12, 2017
Candidate Filing Closes: January 16, 2018
WHEN FILING FOR SCHOOL BOARD, CANDIDATES WILL
Show a Missouri Driver’s License or a Missouri I.D. Card
Complete such forms as directed by the School Board Secretary
BOARD MEMBERS QUALIFICATIONS
Pursuant to law, Board of Education candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
- Be a resident taxpayer of the Logan-Rogersville R-VIII School District. § 162.291, RSMo.
- Have resided in Missouri for a minimum of one year immediately preceding the election. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
- Be at least 24 years of age. § 162.291, RSMo.
- Not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes or real property taxes on my place of residence. If I am a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, I verify that office does not owe any taxes to the state. I understand that I am required by law to file an affidavit stating these facts with the Missouri Department of Revenue. § 115.306, RSMo.
- Not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri. § 115.306, RSMo.
- Am not registered or required to be registered as a sex offender pursuant to Missouri law. § 162.014, RSMo.
- Have filed, or the treasurer of any existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which I was a candidate. § 130.071, RSMo.
1) All information provided to the district will be a public record and could be requested by members of the public under the Sunshine Law.
2) If elected or appointed to the Board, candidates are required by law to successfully complete 16 hours of Board training within one year of the date elected or appointed. § 162.203, RSMo.